"Our Children and Grandchildren are not merely statistics towards which we can be indifferent" JFK

Monday, January 4, 2010

Brother Can You Spare a Dime

They used to tell me I was building a dream, and so I followed the mob,
When there was earth to plow, or guns to bear, I was always there right on the job.
They used to tell me I was building a dream, with peace and glory ahead,
Why should I be standing in line, just waiting for bread?

Once I built a railroad, I made it run, made it race against time.
Once I built a railroad; now it's done. Brother, can you spare a dime?
Once I built a tower, up to the sun, brick, and rivet, and lime;
Once I built a tower, now it's done. Brother, can you spare a dime?

1.4 million Bankruptcies filed in 2009. This is the 7th worst on record and up 32% over 2008. 116,000 filed in December 2009 up 22% from December 2008. The annual filings are nearing the 2,000 filed just prior to the 2005 Congressional overhaul of the bankruptcy system.

Don’t fret, as CNBC has you covered. Green shoots, Fast Money, Mad Money and the glass half full. Simply hope that your job is secure, the credit card company will not tag your backend with endless fees, gas remains below $3.00 per gallon, health insurance premiums are reduced thanks to our elected chimps and chumps in D. C. and your friendly banker will not pull your line of credit.

The next time you run into Ben Bernanke, Larry Summers, Timmy Geithner or Mr. Obama at a White House event, simply ask, “Brother can you spare a dime”. Just like it was done in 1931.

No comments:

Post a Comment