"Our Children and Grandchildren are not merely statistics towards which we can be indifferent" JFK

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Erin "the princess" Burnett and Jim "court jester" Cramer love Panera Bread

Erin Burnett, CNBC's princess cheerleader delivered her daily incessant "glass is half full" tribe yet again. Erin filled her glass today courtesy of Panera Bread announcing they plan to hire 25,000 employees. As is the case with most royalty, princess Erin does not leave the comfort of the kingdom frequently enough to get a real feel of conditions beyond the moat.

Erin's favorite court jester, Jim Cramer shared her giddiness about Panera Bread's hiring and earnings results. Jim "court jester" said he thinks that Panera Bread can be grouped together with Chipotle and Whole Foods because it offers fast food that is perceived to be good for you. "Panera is part of that rubric," Cramer said. People, will pay a premium for healthy foods.

WOW! Offering food that is "perceived to be good" for you becomes healthy because the court jester states so in a proclamation while in Erin's castle.

A plan to hire 25,000 and the princess believes all is well in the kingdom. Naturally, Erin did not ask if the 25,000 represented "net new" positions or if this included an attrition factor. Guess want princess, in the real world, 25,000 families will not experience a better, "castle-like" lifestyle working at Panera Bread. 40 million Americans receive food stamps, $300 is the national average for unemployment and guess what princess, Panera Bread wages are not "child-care" friendly. Of course you might break a nail conducting research so allow grandpa to assist in elevating your level of reality:

Subject to specific geographic regions, the average hourly range for part time non-management positions at Panera Bread is $8 to $10 per hour. The managers also pull up a bit short of a "castle-like" lifestyle as noted in a Career Builders Ad:

Job type: Full-Time
Pay: $28k - $40k/year
* MANAGERS * ASSOCIATE MANAGERS* RESTAURANT MANAGERS* Panera Bread is committed to creating an atmosphere to develop professionally within the company...

CNBC, "First in business worldwide"....PLEASE!
Maybe when CNBC boots the court jester and the princess grows up, maybe then...maybe, the hours of mindless dribble programming will graduate from junior high and your audience will actually learn something viable. Might I suggest some consideration of the next generation in your programming?


This is a 7 minute and 54 second clip however the first 2:43 is Panera.





8 Ways to Impress Me
Erin Burnett
Men's Health 2008

1. Pack Your Bags
Any guy who can plan a trip to an exotic locale, such as Mongolia, Mozambique, or Papua New Guinea, would impress me.

2. Buy Me a New Atlas and Globe
You could unlock my heart by allowing me to dream up my next trip. I love to travel, and hope to eventually set foot in 100 countries. I have many more to go.

3. Do Something Special for My Parents
Family is important to me, so round-trip business-class tickets to Australia and New Zealand for my parents would earn you big points in my book.

4. Relax Me
Yoga keeps me calm, so I'd be impressed if you thought to send a yoga instructor to my apartment for private sessions.

5. Help Me Work Out
Finding an exercise bike at my door would be great for rainy days when my Raleigh M80 mountain bike and I are stuck indoors.

6. Edify Me
Reading is a passion of mine, so a gathering with a couple of my favorite authors, especially Jared Diamond (Guns, Germs, and Steel) and Robin McKinley (The Blue Sword) would make for an exceptional evening.

7. Please My Palate
Hiring a personal chef to prepare meals for the few nights a week I am home would be unforgettable.

8. Send Me Packing
A man who recognizes the importance of my time with the girls is a keeper. A long weekend spa getaway for my sisters and me would be perfection.


Grandpa rests his case...once a princess...

No comments:

Post a Comment