Shhhh...be very very quiet as the equity
market has chosen not to factor in the
growing concern about debt deterioration
in the United States
Shhh...please read quietly...
Recent Moody's Downgrades
- Moody's Investors Services downgraded Philadelphia, citing "continued weakness of the city's finances." Wall Street Journal
- Moody's Investors Service downgraded its ratings on bonds issued by the city and county of San Francisco, saying it ended fiscal 2009 with a weaker balance sheet than at any time in the past decade. Wall Street Journal
Regions Plunges After Cut by Moody’s on Managers’ Exit Business Week
- Sprint Nextel Corp. bonds fell to the lowest in more than two months after Moody’s Investors Service said yesterday it is reviewing whether to cut its rating on the third-largest U.S. mobile phone carrier.
- Moody's Investors Service downgraded an additional $5.52 billion of residential mortgage-backed securities backed by Alt-A mortgages, the latest cuts by the ratings agency as the loans continue to sour. Wall Street Journal
- Moody's Investors Service on Monday put the debt ratings of Marshall & Ilsley Corp. and its subsidiaries on review for downgrade, citing persistent weakness in the bank holding company's real estate portfolio. Business Week
- Moody's Investors Service downgraded another few billion dollars worth of commercial mortgage-backed securities because of higher expected losses for the pool from increased delinquencies from troubled loans. Housing Wire
- Moody's Investors Service said it is awaiting the release of Ireland's four-year fiscal plan later this month to decide whether to downgrade the country's credit rating Reuters
- Moody's Investors Service on Wednesday cut its rating outlook for EOG Resources Inc. to "negative" from "stable," citing risks from the natural gas company's strategic shift into crude oil and natural gas liquids. Bloomberg/Business Week