U.S. Department of Labor
Regional and state unemployment rates were generally little changed in November.
- Twenty-one states and the District of Columbia recorded unemployment rate increases,
- 15 states registered rate decreases,
- and 14 states had no rate change, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today.
- Twenty-eight states and the District of Columbia posted unemployment rate decreases from a year earlier,
- 17 states reported increases,
- and 5 states had no change.
- The national jobless rate edged up by 0.2 percentage point between October and November to 9.8 percent, but was little different from a year earlier.
In November nonfarm payroll employment:
- decreased in 28 states,
- increased in 20 states and the District of Columbia,
- and was unchanged in 2 states.
Complete DOL Report